Despite advances in car design safety, automobile collisions continue to cause staggering numbers of injuries and deaths across America. According to a 2002 survey conducted by the Oregon Department of Transportation, in the State of Oregon alone there were 48,282 automobile collisions resulting in 27,791 injuries and 436 deaths.
Car accident victims and their families suffer not only physically and emotionally but also confront the economic burden of mounting medical expenses, lost wages and the inability to return to work. Given the severe financial and economic hardship suffered by car accident victims and their families, experienced, aggressive and thorough representation is critical to ensuring fair and just compensation. Read more in our car accident frequently asked questions.
The car accident lawyers at Tichenor Dziuba Law Office are experienced at representing car accident victims and their families. We have the resources to thoroughly investigate each accident and hire the most qualified experts in order to ensure that our clients receive fair and just compensation. For an example of our experience and success on behalf of our car accident victims and their families, please see our Case Histories.
What to do if you are involved in a car accident
In the event that you or a loved one are injured in an automobile collision, the car accident lawyers at Tichenor Dziuba Law Office urge you to:
- Obtain the name, address and telephone number of all witnesses to the accident.
- Obtain the name, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, insurance information, date of birth and license plate of the at-fault driver.
- Photograph the damage to your vehicle. If possible, photograph the car accident scene as well as the damage to the other vehicles involved.
- Contact your insurance company regarding the accident.
- Contact a car accident lawyer prior to providing the at-fault driver’s insurance company with information regarding the accident.
- Contact the Oregon Department of Transportation in order to determine whether you will need to file an accident report with the State of Oregon.
If you have further questions or would like to speak with us regarding a car accident or other injury claim, please call us toll-free at 1-888-883-1576. There is no charge for an initial consultation.